Witigonen

Feeds Feeds

Honest Pint Petition: 100 signatures and counting

Posted by Michael on December 21, 2007 at 6:20 a.m.

Earlier, we wrote about what can only be described as a tragedy afflicting our fair state: dishonest pint glassware. We also wrote about a petition that Jeff Alworth at Beervana started that you can sign in an effort to get accuracy in sizes in our bars and restaurants. I'm proud to say that there are already over 100 signatures - considering that this whole thing started yesterday evening, this is great news, and shows that this is an issue that matters. Read why this is needed, and then go and sign the petition to show your support. And, until our voices are heard, support local bars that serve honest pints. To everybody that has already signed, thank you.

Spread the word

Facebook Share

Comments

Comments from site editors have a darker background than comments from everybody else.
  • Well I knew it was only a matter of time, albeit I thought it would have been sooner, but Portland has finally jumped on CAMRA’s bandwagon with our own Campaign for Real Ale! And, as in England, the first order of business is attacking the 14oz “Pint” size glasses….

Posted by: Dan Denny on December 21, 2007 at 10:08 a.m.
  • And we just passed 150 signatures. Woo!

Posted by Michael on December 21, 2007 at 10:15 a.m.
  • And now 200. I guess I should eventually stop being surprised - this is clearly important to a lot of people.

Posted by Michael on December 21, 2007 at 1:31 p.m.
  • I just measured my pint glasses at home - they checked out at 16 oz. Whew! I thought that maybe I'd been shorting myself all these years.... This calls for a pint!

Posted by: Rob on December 21, 2007 at 8:35 p.m.
    • I've been using a 24oz glass mug just to be on the safe side lately.

Posted by Michael on December 21, 2007 at 9:08 p.m.

We use Markdown to style our comments. **This is bolded.** *This is italic.* [This is a link](url)
For more options, try reading the wikipedia article or the official style guide.